mandag 11. april 2022

Two years

Two years without any travels abroad. Anyone who knows me, know that my travelling feet have been getting seriously itchy. And now I am finally scratching the itch. I am going abroad. Tunisia is my destination. 

I have been putting it off for a few years. Have been trying to find the right time, but it wasn't the right time ever. So I decided to just go. Tick it off my list and move on to other countries. 

Why Tunisia? Why not? Tunisia is a wonderful country, and for those of us with more than a casual interest in a certain sci-fi franchise, a place that features in one of the most well known sci-fi epos of all time. Star Wars. I could have travelled to Tunisa for that purpose only, but I a trying not to go all out Star-Wars'y. Since I know that there is so much else to see. So I have a short program. With a number of stops. Where I will try to get a glimpse of this country. In additiion to Star Wars sites, I will see old roman era ruins, old tunisian cities and hopefully, some hidden treasures here and there.

Tunisia is also the country where the "arab spring" started. I will visit one of the places where the uprising started. Where people rose against a tyrannic government to be free and be able choose their own leaders. Their own life. 

I almost never travel (just to) relax. But to see, to experience and maybe to reflect on the world. And the world of the people I visit for but a brief period. And it is always my hope that I will be wiser, less prejudiced, and most of all; filled with perspectives. All to be able to avoid viewing the world around me in black and white. But rather in at least shades of grey. And hopefully, in living colours.

After a two year hiatus due to a virus, I welcome all readers back to The World According To Ragnar. A blog where I describe the world from my own vantage point. And hopefully, it will be both entertaining and enlightening at the same time.
Enjoy!

Ragnar
Traveller

Ingen kommentarer: