onsdag 20. april 2022

Down by the oceanside

 The vacaction is nearing its end. And I had decided to spend some days down by the coast as well. Jst for some R&R and some more if I could find it. I got up early and went down to eat.


After a delicious breakfast, I packed my stuff and walked to the louage station. On the way I passed a butcher's shop. I had wanted to take a picture of these, that usually hung outside such shops. But this was the only time I didn't see any people around. Don't why they do that. I mean. There usually hang a complete oxe carcass right beside it. So I guess it is obvious that this is a butchers shop. But anyways.


I was surprised how few were going to Sousse. So I had to sit and wait for quite a while before the louage was full and we could leave. At one point I contemplated just paying for the last few seats. Bt I didn't want to create that "hey, I'm a rich, white guy, and I have money to pay my way everywhere." But eventually, a couple of guys showed up, and we were off. 

Half an hour later, we stopped outside the louage station in Sousse. It was ginormous. And from the map, on the other side of the city from my hotel. 8 km. I have become fond of walking, so I decided to try it this time too. Or catch a taxi if I found it to be too long. But it was a nice walk. And as I closed in on the hotel, it was obvious that Sousse is a tourist destination. Souvenir shops. Western style food. And lots and lots of people wanting to "know me"...

Is Imprial Gifs the new NFT?

I arrived at the hotel, and the receptionist were the impersonation of customer service. Huge lobby. Lots of foreigners. I checked in. And as I was about to pick up my bags, a porter was there to help me carry them. Wow! First time ever! He followed me all the way up to my room on the 5 floor. So I could enjoy the glass elevator.

View from the elevator

After the porter had dropped off my bags, I gave him a tip. And then had a stroll around the area. It felt very much like any typical package tour place. Complete with your local scammers. One guy walked over to me, and then turned to walk the same way as me. Then he turned around and "was surpised to see me". "Hey! I work at your hotel!" Awww. That old line! I haven't heard that one since Ghana. Good memories. I smiled. "Sure you do!". He got the message and split. After him came the "good guy". The one telling me that the last one was a scammer. And where am I from? Having a good time? Just like all scammers. Getting the trust of their marks. After a while, they all gave up. They realized I wasn't having any of their routine. So they left to search for more inexperienced ones. 

All in all a walk down memory lane. 

Don't know what I will do tomorrow. Time will show.

Ragnar

Sea air sniffin

Ingen kommentarer: