tirsdag 19. april 2022

Catwalk in the medina

When I checked in, the receptionist wanted to know when I wanted breakfast. I got the feeling I was again lonely in the hotel. And they didn't want to wait forever with the breakfast. I said 8-ish. And this morning, I kept my promise. And a healthy dose of breakfast was served. And best of all : Freshly made lemonade. It was d-lish! And they had a coffe-maker that made hot chocolate. What wasn't there to like? Half an hour later, I was full and satisfied. And as I left, the other guests at the hotel arrived. A couple from Germany. We exchanged pleasantries before I headed back to my room.

Today, I would check out the medina. I had a quick look yesterday, and found the medina to be enclosed in tall walls. Nice! And today, I went on a long exploration of all the tiny streets. I probably missed half of them. Even though I spent about 5 hours there. Walking back and forth. Through narrow streets barely enough for two people to pass, to those wide enough to sorta let a car pass. If I jumped up on a door frame...

The outer walls and the central mosque:




I mostly just wandered around, enjoying the view, but I also snapped some images along the way. Of narrow streets, and markets.


















When wandering around, I noticed two things. One was the sheer number of cats. Or it felt like a great number of cats walking around. Some places it felt like they had ganged up. Like "this is our corner" type ganged up. And when another cat came by, they all started howling at it. And the stranger soon turned and left. I thought it was funny, so I did take a lot of pictures of them. Here is a sample.

This guy was eye'ing a gang behind me.




Checking out the local gang

Chillin in the sun

In addition, I noticed a lot of doors had hands on them. They may have been door knockers. I don't know. I didn't try... But it was interesting to see. I photographed a few of them on a variety of doors.









Tomorrow, I will be heading down to the coast. WIll be spending my last few days by the sea. Or at least, my hotels will be there. I might be heading to other places. We will see where my nose is pointing when I wake up.

Ragnar

Lost and found

Ingen kommentarer: