tirsdag 4. april 2023

Hill Billy

 I had plans to see two things today. The traditional market, and the Jordan museum. After breakfast, I found a shop and bought a couple of bottles of water. I had learned from yesterday. And today, I tried finding some backalleys and streets with less traffic. A lot more intersting and less taxing on my breath. It is obvious  why the air in Oslo feels better now. Less gas-guzzling cars. More electric and hybrids. 






 

I have yet to accept that Amman is a hilly place. So too with the market. The road may be flat on the map, but it was far from it in real life. As I lookup at the map, and concidered the road, I realized it was going to be a looooong climb. But I love these types of markets. 

I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. When I was nearing the top, and cardiac arrest, I found as sign for a hospital. So if I were to drop, at least the hospital would be close.


 

I finally arrived at the top, and walked into the market. Bustling with people. And small shops. Selling everything from bananas to stereos. A huge area with streets and crossroads. And always in these markets, my favorite; the spice shops. The smell is just...out of this world.


Real Guccy pants

After deceding from the hill, I sat down in the shade of a waiting area at a busstop. Checking the map to see where the museum was. To my surprise, it was supposed to be right in front of me. I looked up. Indeed!


I searched for the entrance, but every entrance was closed. In the end I found a guard, who told me "Emmm. Closed. Clean museum!" he said and "washed his hands". So no museum for me today. So I just walked back to the hotel. Enjoying the many murials and small streets on the way.



Lots of stairs in Amman...

Children are the same everywhere

A bit shadi, but I bought some ice cream from him anyways

After a few hours rest at my hotel, I walked back to the place I got my chicken sammy yesterday. I got there earlier today, so there were almos no customers. So I even got a seat at a table to rest and eat my sammy. Just as delish as yesterday. With the added benefit of sesting my legs.


Table with a view

Tomorrow, I am leaving town for one night. So I thought I would check out the bus station I will be leaving from in the morning. So I walked over there from my hotel, so I know the way tomorrow morning. The bus leaves at 6.30 in the morning, so I need to be up at 5. But at least now I know where to go to get to the station in time.

On the way there, I shot this from a bridge. Nice view of Amman at night. See u l8r Amman!



Ingen kommentarer: