torsdag 13. august 2009

Going home

Tomorrow, I have a bus-ticket for the bus to take me back to Nanning in China. On saturday I have a plane ticket for Shanghai. And on monday morning, I am homeward bound. 

It is always with a certain feeling of sadness that I write these last entries. Although it is always nice to come home to what is familiar, to what is home, it is also sad to leave a place I feel I haven't even begin to touch. But maybe I will come back some day. Maybe for a longer period. Who knows? I am actually looking forward to the coldness of Norway now. According to a local weather service, it will be 20 degrees in Oslo on monday when I come home. After four weeks in above thirty degree temps, I think it will probably feel a bit cold. Even for a warm personality like myself...

I am looking forward to listening to the cd's I have bought. To eating full-bran bread. To walking outside without having my t-shirt stick to my body. But I will miss the people. The food. The great times. As it always is.

I hope you all have enjoyed this blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope that I have been able to depict the country as fair as possible, and that you will have gotten a fair and honest picture of what Viet Nam is all about.

I have talked to a number of locals, and they are proud of their country. Proud of their history. Proud of who they are. I have debated them about life and politics, and I think we have all learned something. But isn't that what travelling is all about? If you leave your open mind at home, then it is just your body travelling.

As a small note I read in the inflight magazine of SAS once : Travelling isn't just about going to a different place, but viewing the world through different eyes.

Take care

Ragnar

Ingen kommentarer: