søndag 29. juni 2014

In the long run

The next leg was the longest so far. I got up at 4 and had a shower. I knew I had to leave early so I wouldn't arrive too late in Salt Lake City. A 1000 km drive. The sun had just barely risen when I started. It felt good. Almost nobody on the road. My GPS led me through the backways of Wyoming and Utah. I was thinking of maybe trying to also see Devil's Tower, but first of all it would mean another hour on the road, and secon, my GPS would surely lead me onto the interstates. They are great for getting somewhere fast, but not for the view. And what a scenery I was lead through on the US-roads. Almost no traffic. And it was the areas where the buffalo roamed. Literally. The green, green grass of home. The buffaloes where grazing by the road, but I didn't notice them until I passed, so I didn't manage to shoot any pictures of them...
Although this was some LOOONG leg, it was also so far the most pleasant. It took 11 and a half hours. Of which only the last few hours were on the I-80 West. Not much happening to Salt Lake other than enjoying the beautiful scenery. Here are some samples. Enjoy!














Into Salt Lake City

Ingen kommentarer: