torsdag 5. juli 2012

The End

According to some people on the net, the world will come to an end on december 21'st this year. But that is not until the end of the year, so I have all the time in the world to travel before it happens. Sort of... So this year I will go to a total of 6 countries just to splurge.
This summer, I will go to four countries, three of which I haven't visited before. When I mention to people that one of those countries is Iran, some people go silent a few seconds before they utter a silent and sceptical "Oh!".
I have been wanting to go to Iran for several years, but other plans and some unrest in the country has rendered it impossible/impractical. But this year, I am definitely going.
My current plans are :
Flying to Tblisi in Georgia, travelling through Georgia and Armenia. Crossing the border into Iran. Taking the Trans-Asian Express from Tabriz to Ankara. Take the bus to Istanbul. Fly home.
All of this in three weeks. I would love to stay longer and explore each country more, but I need some vacation left for later travels this year. So it will be a short land-hopping trip. I still hope to get some sort of feel for each country.
I am looking forward to the train ride through Turkey. I love trains. Just sitting there, watching the countryside pass by. Stopping at small towns all over the place. Seeing people go about their business. It's an adventure in its own right.
I will try to write here as often as possible. And include a number of photos. It is always a problem trying to give a fair image, literally, of any place. I am not the best photographer, so I mostly take snaps worthy of a tourist. But I hope you will enjoy them all the same.
Welcome to My World!

Ragnar
Enthustiastic globetrotter

Ingen kommentarer: